About the college :
- VSPM’s College of physiotherapy was established in the year 1999 by VSPMAHE under the visionary guidance of Honorable Chairman Shri. Ranjeet babu Deshmukh and founder Shri. Bhausaheb Bhoge.
- Yearly intake of 60 undergraduate and 21 post graduate students and VSPM’s College of Physiotherapy is the only Physiotherapy College in Vidarbha region running the PhD course under Maharashtra university of health sciences.
- Majority of the faculty in the college are university approved and well qualified.
- College is attached to N.M.C. recognized medical college and 1140 bedded hospital with all specialties for clinical teaching and training
- The institute has well-equipped Kinesiotherapy, Electrotherapy, Musculoskeletal, Neurosciences, Cardio vascular & respiratory and Community Physiotherapy departments for effective teaching and learning.
- The institute has peripheral outreach centers at Jaitala and Katol.
- The college is equipped with Investigative machines like Gait and Motion analysis lab, EMG-NCV studies, Power lab for exercise testing and VO2 analysis, Pulmonary function testing, Exercise testing for Cardiorespiratory endurance, Advanced Combination electrotherapy modalities and Laser therapy.
- Institute has well equipped state of art library facilities with facility of e- library and the classrooms are having smart boards with an option of turning into e classrooms if need arises and specialized clinical skill labs for enhancing the learning process.
- Numerous workshops and trainings are conducted not only to enhance the academics, research, education technology, capacity building and enhancement programs individually or by collaborating with university and government institutes.
- Various co-curricular and extra- curricular activities are being encouraged through NSS, Rotract club, and SWA to bring about holistic development of the students.
- VSPM’s COP is constantly striving for being institute par excellence in clinical, research and academic excellence. Hence it believes in mentoring of students to prepare them to achieve great height in becoming skillful clinicians and ideal professionals in future to serve humanity.